The verdicts are in; the 2018 Igbo International leadership and good governance retreat organized by The World Igbo Leadership, Education and Cultural Council(WICELL)and the Igbo Information and Communication Network (IICON) was by all accounts and measures a colossal success
The event that was hosted Dr. Nwachukwu Anakwenze (Onowu Abagana)/President of Igbo World Assembly at his “Mansion” attracted the many Intelligentsia and the “who is who” of Igbo land from across Nigeria.
Resolutions reached as previously outlined by the key earlier communiqué by the Stakeholders in attendance and the Chief host of 2018 World Igbo International Leadership Retreat; Dr Nwachukwu Anakwenze , Onowu Abagana and the President of Igbo World Assembly included but are not limited to the following:.
In other to actualize sustainable South East, South South, geo-socioeconomic and political sustainable, human and infrastructural growth the retreat attendees and planners resolved that:
1. Ndigbo must speak with one voice especially on critical national issues.
2. Ndigbo must invest adopt “think home” initiative” and invest at home first and foremost.
3. Ndigbo should accelerate their investment in education, science and technology.
4. Igbo political class should bridge any disconnect between them and the people they represent and should re-invent the leadership paradigm of Dr M.I. Okpara which made the old Eastern region, the fastest economy in the world in the 60s.
5. Ndigbo need the large Nigeria market to operate but with tolerate justice and equity for all. Federal government must treat all parts of Nigeria with impartiality.
6. Peaceful agitations and or contrary opinions are characteristics of democracy anywhere in the world.
7. Agitations by some Igbo youths have a predisposing factor and they should not be misconstrued as an insurrection that should be dismissed or crushed with force. Security agents must not use undue force on agitators for anything
8. The Nigerian political landscape has not been fair to Ndigbo as well as her structural space. We therefore identify with the clamour for the restructuring of Nigeria to make her work and give all sections a sense of belonging.
9. Issues of concern to the Igbo Youth (our human capital, Women Empowerment should the cornerstone for a sustainable growth and development of the South East, South South ecomony.
10. Call for support for Igbo Hall of Fame to be built at Umuahia in honor Dr M I Okpara, former Premier of old Eastern region, Centre for Igbo Renaissance to be built at Onitsha to honor Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, former Nigeria President and Igbo Unity House at Unwana, Afikpo in honor of Dr Akanu Ibiam, the first indigenous Governor of the Old Eastern region.
11. We institute the M I Okpara Leadership Award which will be given to deserving Igbo leaders who distinguish themselves in people oriented leadership at all levels of governance in Igbo land.
12. Finally a unanimous call on all Ndiigbo to identify with Ohanaeze Ndiigbo as it is the only apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation.
Information Communicated by,
Chudi Asidianya, Chairman; 2017 Annual Igbo Worldwide Festival of the Arts, Language and Culture:
on behalf of The World Igbo Leadership, Education and Cultural Council(WICELL)and the Igbo Information and Communication Network (IICON)