FOURTH REPUBLIC 8TH NATIONAL ASSEMBLY (2015-2019) THIRD SESSION NO. 152 969
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA ORDER PAPER
Wednesday, 2 May, 2018
1. Prayers 2. Approval of the Votes and Proceedings 3. Oaths 4. Message from the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (if any) 5. Message from the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (if any) 6. Other Announcements (if any) 7. Petitions (if any) 8. Matter(s) of Urgent Public Importance 9. Personal Explanation
PRESENTATION OF REPORTS
1. Report of Conference Committee: Hon. Yusuf Tajudeen: “That the House do receive the Report of the Conference Committee on a Bill for an Act to Facilitate the Development of Nigeria’s Capital Market by enabling the Conversion and Reregistration of the Nigerian Stock Exchange from a Company Limited by Guarantee to a Public Company Limited by Shares; and for Related Matters”.
2. Committee on Federal Capital Territory (FCT): Hon. Sergius Ose Ogun: “That the House do receive the Report of the Committee on Federal Capital Territory on a Bill for an Act to Provide for Establishment of the FCT Emergency Management Agency; and for Related Matters” (HB. 1087) (Referred: 5/10/2017).
970 Wednesday, 2 May, 2018 No. 152
3. Committee on Justice: Hon. Razak Atunwa: “That the House do receive the Report of the Committee on Justice on a Bill for an Act to Amend the Extradition Act, Cap. E25, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004; and for Related Matters (HB. 1187). (Referred: 21/11/2017).
ORDERS OF THE DAY BILLS 1. A Bill for an Act to Amend the Animal Diseases (Control) Act, Cap. A17, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 to increase some Penalties, to Provide for Establishment and Maintenance of Electronic Animal Identification System throughout the Federation, Provide for the Prevention of the Introduction and Spread of Infectious or Contagious Diseases among Animals, Poultries and Hatcheries in Nigeria, Control of Animal Diseases using essential Veterinary Drugs, Pesticide, Biologies, Veterinary Medical Devices or Products of Biotechnology as Specified in Schedules 1 and 2 to this Bill; and for Related Matters (HBs. 682, 1268 and 140) (Hon. Ahmed Babba Kaita, Hon. Ali J. C Isa and Hon. Abubakar AmudaKannike G.) – Second Reading. 2. A Bill for an Act to Provide for Establishment of the Federal University of Technology, Ogoja and for Related Matters (HB. 1293) (Hon. Jarigbe Agom Jarigbe) – Second Reading.
CONSIDERATION OF REPORTS
3. A Bill for an Act to Amend the Architects (Registration, Etc.) Act, Cap. A 19, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 to enhance the Penalties and to Make Appeals from the Disciplinary Committee Lie to the High Court and for Related Matters (HB. 254) (Hon. Gaza Jonathan Gbefwi) (Committee of the Whole:6/6/2017). 4. Hon. Uzoma Nkem Abonta: “That the House do consider the Report of the Committee on Public Petitions on the Petition by Iyoha Iyoke & Co. on behalf of Ambrose O. Imien against the Medical Department of the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) on the Wrongful Dismissal of Ambrose O. Imien and institutional wickedness of the State Authorities and approve the recommendations therein” (Laid: 5/10/2017) (Committee of the Whole).
(i) urge the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) to: (a) Reverse the dismissal of Ambrose O. Imien to retirement as at the date of his terminal benefits on an employment category 2, steps higher than his status as at April, 1999;
(b) Ensure that his arrears of salary and allowances from April, 1999 to date are paid him.
5. Hon. Uzoma Nkem Abonta: “That the House do consider the Report of the Committee on Public Petitions on the Petition by Bar. Uchenna Oparaugo and Austine C. Uwabuto on behalf of Godwin Ogbogu against
Key Stone Bank on Salleged unlawful transfer of the sum of $180,000 (One Hundred and Eighty
No. 152 Wednesday, 2 May, 2018 971
Thousand Dollars) against timely order and approve the recommendation therein” (Laid: 5/10/2017) (Committee of the Whole). That the matter be referred to Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)/ Interpol in view of the International link to the transaction.
COMMITTEE MEETINGS Committee Date Time Venue 1. Rules and Business Wednesday, 2 May, 2018 3.00 p.m. Committee Room 06 (White House) Assembly Complex
2. Ad-hoc Committee on Central Bank of Nigeria Intervention Fund
Wednesday, 2 May, 2018 3.00 p.m. Committee Room 236 New Building (House) Assembly Complex