Nigeria ZIP Code is the same as Postcode or postal code for Nigeria. The Nigerian Postal Code is a numeric code consisting of a six-digit number.
|Postal Code||100001 – 982112 (Lagos – Benue)|
|ISO 3166 Code||NG|
|Currency||Naira (₦) (NGN)|
|Time Zone||UTC+01:00 (WAT)|
The Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST), divides the country into 9 regions, which are the first digits of the code. The 2nd and 3rd digits, combined with the first, are the shipping districts for outbound sorting. And the delivery location is represented by the last three digits.
All main post offices in 36 States plus the Federal Capital Territory have the suffix number or code 001. For example Garki HO in Abuja has the postal code 900001. The lowest Postal code for Nigeria is 100001, Ikeja, Lagos Metropolitan in Lagos State and the highest is 982112, Mbara, Vandeikya in Benue State.
|NG-AB||Abia||440001||Isiala Ngwa South||GPO|
|NG-CR||Cross River||540001||Calabar Municipal||Calabar|
|NG-EK||Ekiti||360001||Ado Ekiti||Ado Ekiti|
|NG-IM||Imo||460001||Owerri Municipal||New Owerri|
|NG-KE||Kebbi||860001||Birnin Kebbi||Haliru Abidu|
|NG-OY||Oyo||200001||Ibadan South West||GPO|
Postal address for main post office of Nigeria is the Nigerian Postal Service Nipost Corporate Headquarters Abubakar Musa Argungu House Plot 1279 Muhammadu Buhari Way PMB 12537, Garki 900001 Abuja, Nigeria.
Largest city in Nigeria
ZIP code or Postal code searches occur in large cities like Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Benin City, Maiduguri and Abuja.
- Lagos City
- Lagos Postcode starts with the lowest code that is 100001 to 102361. Lagos is the largest city in Nigeria and was the capital of Nigeria until 1991.
- Kano City
- Kano City ZIP Code is 700xxx. Kano is a city located in Kano State Nigeria and is the capital city of Kano State. It is the second largest city in Nigeria after the city of Lagos.
- Ibadan Postal code is 200xxx. The city of Ibadan is the capital city of Oyo State, in Nigeria. It is the third largest city by population in Nigeria after Lagos and Kano.
- Kaduna City
- Kaduna Postal code is 800xxx. Kaduna City is the capital city of Kaduna State, North West Geoploitical Zone of NIgeria. the city is the former political capital of Northern Nigeria.
- Port Harcourt
- Port Harcourt Postcode is 500001 to 500272. Port Harcourt is the capital and largest city in Rivers State, Nigeria. In Nigeria, Port Harcourt is the fifth largest city in Nigeria after Lagos, Kano, Ibadan and Kaduna. The area that became Port Harcourt was previously agricultural land of the Rebisi, an ethnic group of the Ikwerre region that was in 1912.
- Benin City
- Benin City Postal code is 300xxx. Benin City is the capital and largest city in the Edo State, Geopolitical Zone of Nigeria. This city or town is the fourth largest city in Nigeria after Lagos, Kano and Ibadan.
- Postcode for Maiduguri is 600xxx. Maiduguri is the capital and largest city in the Maiduguri Local Government Area, in Borno State, North East Geopolitical Zone of Nigeria.
- Postal code for Abuja is 900001 as Headquarters. Abuja is the capital and eighth most populous city in Nigeria. The city is located in the center of the country within the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). NIPOST main post office address is located in this city.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Postal Code?
A Postal code (used locally in many English-speaking countries) is a series of letters or numbers or both, sometimes including spaces or punctuation, included in a postal address for mail sorting purposes.
What is ZIP Code?
ZIP Code is a postal code used by the postal code service in America, namely the United States Postal Service (USPS).
What is ZIP Code for Nigeria?
Nigeria does not use ZIP Code but its name is Postcode. ZIP code are used in the United States.
What is Nigeria Postcode or Postal Code?
Nigeria Postcode is a numeric code consisting of a Six digit number. The lowest Postal code in Nigeria is 100001, Ikeja in Lagos and the highest is 982112, Mbara, Vandeikya in Benue State.
Is +234 Nigeria Postal code?
+234 is not a Nigerian postal code but +234 is an international dialing code for a Nigerian phone number.
Is 23401 The ZIP code for Nigeria?
23401 is not a valid ZIP code for Nigeria. If you are still curious, please check the official Nigeria Postal code search site.